What is it about Marshmallows that we all like? That sticky, sweet, melt in your mouth candy cloud is like no other confection. It is a sweet treat that adults can get away with eating. Use it to fill Cupcakes or ice your favorite Cake. For my Marshmallow Butter Cream Icing all you need is good quality ingredients and a sweet tooth. Both are easy to come by when you are Cooking The Amazing.
Here is the recipe.
3 Sticks Softened Butter, No Salt
3 c Powdered Sugar
1 T Vanilla Extract
1/2 t Almond Extract
3 c Marshmallow Cream (about 9 oz)
1 Pinch Of Fine Grain Sea Salt
1. Allow 3 sticks of Butter to soften at room temperature.
2. Once softened beat Butter with a hand mixer until whipped, about 1 minute.
3. Add Powdered Sugar, one cup at a time, and beat on low speed at first (to prevent a Sugar dust cloud in your face!) then on high until well mixed.
4. Add the Vanilla and Almond extracts and mix in well.
5. Add the Marshmallow Cream and pinch (a small pinch!) of Sea Salt and mix until well blended, about 2 minutes. Your Icing is ready to use in your recipe.
COPYRIGHT (c) 2012